Monday, November 23, 2009

Guilty As Charged

So the other day at work I was in the restroom and as I was getting ready to leave and I decided I better turn around and check out my rear end to see if the jeans I was wearing were giving me MB (or mom butt if you will).  You know what MB is right?  It's where your jeans make your butt look all flat and wide and shapeless.  Now that I am a mother I feel like I am more prone to this unfortunate phenomenon.  And sure enough my suspicions were correct! 

Now about this time you're probably thinking how incredibly tragic and embarassing that is in and of itself, and how you are so glad that this happened to me and not you.  But it gets worse.  As I was standing with my rear facing the mirror and trying to twist my head around exorcist style to check out what was going on back there a lovely, very professional woman (who has surely never suffered from MB and therefore could not understand) walked in.  I tried to act casual and act like I had a string or something on the back of my shirt, but the damage was done.  She knew.  She knew that I was checking out my butt in a public bathroom.  She was polite enough and just gave me a confused smile and walked in one of the stalls.  At this point I make a quick exit and hope to never run into her again.  I'm sure as soon as she got out she went back to her office and told everyone about the girl with MB who was checking herself out.  I'm sure she got home that night and told her husband and maybe called her sister to tell her as well. 

So what's the moral of this story?  The moral is to check your backside out before you leave in the privacy of your own home!  May you all (the whopping 3 people that read this including my mom) learn a lesson from this.  Good luck out there.

Xoxo,

Emily

PS.

See Erin you're not the only person that embarasses themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Girl..with all due respect... your F O C. I know you still look good in your jeans. You'd look good in a black lawn and garden bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! What a great story! But now I feel forced to check out your butt next time I see you. As long as your jeans don't come up to your rib cage I think you'll avoid the MB look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Erin, i'm extremely compelled to check out your rump! Love the story however I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you have an MB!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Bountiful, UT, United States
I am the mother of 2 beautiful little girls and 2 spoiled rotten dogs as well as the wife of a handsome man with a "perfect jaw structure".