Monday, January 18, 2010

And They Call The Thing A Rodeo


IMG_1011
2 weeks ago Mike had a date with destiny.  He rode a bull.  A real live, giant, monstrous, fire-breathing bull.  (oh wait maybe I'm thinking of a dragon...) 


On Monday we headed out to the Spanish Fork fair grounds (or something like that) and met Seth. (Mike's friend and co-worker who gave him the brilliant idea to get on the beast.)  After a good 5 minute lesson they decide that he a 30 year old man was ready to do something that most in this industry start doing at a young age and spend years perfecting and training for.  It all seemed very logical at the time. 
Here is doin' some learnin'

IMG_1012

After Mike took the time to educate himself on the art of the bull ride he had the privelage of watching about 15 people before him get thrown and almost trampled to death.  Yay for building confidence!

Finally the big moment arrived and he saddled up El Diablo (that's what the bulls name is in my mind) and held on for dear life.

(sorry it was freezing there and I was shivering, and he was moving really fast, and my lens didn't have an image stabilizer on it.  I think you still get the main idea)



El Diablo shot out of the gate like a bat out of hell and Mike held on for a good solid 2 seconds...more or less.  Which is 2 seconds more than I would ever like to spend on El Diablo!

On the second buck Mike was tossed to the ground like a rag doll.  Luckily he's pretty quick on his feet and he had the good sense to get up and run.



And that is what my friend Garth Brooks likes to call a rodeo.



Here is what it looks like when you spend 2 seconds on El Diablo.  Damn you El Diablo, damn you to hell! 

The moral of this story is riding bulls hurts and you should not try this unless you are a trained professional.  Or you have 5 minutes of "training" from someone who used to be a professional.  The End.


Xoxo,

Emily


P.S.

Yes there is a video of this momentous occassion, but currently my video camera is being a worthless piece of crap and it will not load on the computer.  I will be sure and post it as soon as I get it figured out.

2 comments:

  1. That is CRAZY just CRAZY!!!! I would poop my pants just watching that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy. does he plan to do this again? geez.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Bountiful, UT, United States
I am the mother of 2 beautiful little girls and 2 spoiled rotten dogs as well as the wife of a handsome man with a "perfect jaw structure".